DIStickers.com Ticker

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Cruise Day 2

August 28, 2009
Newport, RI
We woke this morning to the coast of Rhode Island as we neared Newport. We sat on the verandah and commented about the “houses” that are on the coast. When I say house I really mean mansion…HUGE mansions. We also saw a couple lobster boats out pulling pots early this morning. Before lunch we sat on our balcony and watched all of the boats. There is a sailing class out front of the boat. It reminded me of a bunch of little kids, everyone was trying to make a turn around a bouy and it was just wonderful confusion. It was very fun to watch. I then visited the spa and had my nails done. Then it was off to the Asian specialty restaurant on board. Very good food! We are going to be visiting that restaurant again. The sea state was starting to increase while we were eating dinner. The weird thing was that we had 5-6 foot seas and I could hardly feel the boat rocking at all. Very different from being in the same seas on any of the work boats…the best part was that I was not trying to analyze stomach contents of a salmon while in the seas. We watched some t.v. then it was off to bed to get ready for our first shore excursion in Boston.


These are 2 of the largest houses that we saw on the way into Newport, RI.




This is the Coast Guard boat that escourted up in Newport.

Notice the guy arming the machine gun at the front of the boat.

1 comment:

  1. Em, I think that same coast guard guy was guarding Auke Bay harbor during the salmon derby a couple of years back. At least I think it was the same gun. They only have a couple, right? ;-)

    ReplyDelete