DIStickers.com Ticker

Friday, August 28, 2009

Day 1 of Cruise

Wednesday August 26, 2009

We left Seattle bright and early this morning and flew to Minnesota. We switched planes and flew into New York. It was very cool to fly over the New York sky line. I was really surprised with how much farm land I saw as we approached New York. Then we got to the houses…and more houses…and even more houses. Then there was the Statue of Liberty. I am really excited to see it up close tomorrow and we leave on the cruise ship. We got a taxi at the airport and 30 minutes later we were at our hotel, smack dab in the middle of Time Square. On the way to the hotel we drove by the American Girl Place. I would love to take Katie there someday but this is not a place that I would want either of the kids in, they would hit sensory overload before we got out of the car. We got our bags to our room and went out to find dinner. On the way to dinner we went to the M&M store and the Hershey Factory. We saw a police man on a horse. We had dinner at Olive Garden, Yummy. We also stopped at Junior’s for Cheesecake. I saw him when he was on Bobby Flay’s Throwdown. Scott is not taking pictures of Time Square throughout hotel window while I am in bed getting ready to try and acclimate to the time change. It is 630 pm Juneau time and we really need to go to sleep. I was apprehensive about New York when we were flying in but Time Square is so geared tourists that it reminds me some of Vegas. We get to board the ship tomorrow!!!!!! I have been waiting for this for a long time. I really hope that it ends up being all that I hope it will.

Thursday August 27, 2009

We boarded the boat at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal, had a little lunch, and found a spot on the deck to lounge until our room was ready. We toured the spa and the culinary art center. I am getting my nails done today and we are both going to take a cooking class on day 4. Finally it was time to cast off…while leaving New York we sailed past the Statue of Liberty. I would like to come back and visit the statue up close and also tour Ellis Island. Then it was time for dinner. We decided to try the main dining room. We both had French onion soup and caesar salads with apple streusel for dessert. We had a wonderful table, we were next to the window at the back of the boat and watched the sun set. We were both feeling the results of the time change and getting up so early in the morning so we turned in early.



Statue of Liberty


Em on the ship with the New York skyline in the background.

Scott on our stateroom balcony.

No comments:

Post a Comment