DIStickers.com Ticker

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Great Wolf Lodge & more

So in my normal fashion of getting ready for a trip, I have been diligently reading all of the blogs & reviews of the Great Wolf Lodge that I could find. Now, I have to be very careful when I do this because most of the time when people post a review it is because they have something negative to relay. Despite the reviews I was still very excited for our trip.

Day 1: The kids & I arrive in Seattle and meet up with Scott (who had spen
t the weekend in Fairbanks) at the gate. We had the best agent at the rental car place, she got us a bigger car after the typical (Wow, how tall are you?) conversation. Did I mention that she gave it to us for the same price as the smaller car? We headed off to the Museum of Flight (next to Boing Field).

First stop was Toys-R-Us, I managed to forget the kids booster seats...
Second stop was Red Robin --YUM!

Then it was off to the Museum of Flight: This place is amazing. I thought of my dad a lot while here, this was right u
p his ally, a history museum with lots of interactive displays. The kids really liked the interactive stuff, they got to sit in the cockpit of 2 fighter jets and they got to play in a simulator of a WWI fighter plane. I loved looking at the flight attendants outfits from years gone by.














Great Wolf Lodge...Here we come!
We arrived at 4:45 on Tuesday afternoon and walked into the lodge to an empty check-in desk. This was fear #1: beware of horrid check-in lines. No Problemo! We got checked in and up to our room. We got a Kids Cabin room. The kids have their own area with a bunk bed & TV. We ate dinner at the lodge. I had really good cheesy noodles with mushrooms & pork. YUM! The kids liked their macaroni & cheese. Scott had a good taco salad. The kids got souvenir wolf ears that they have been wearing ever since.
Next on the agenda was the Magi-Quest game. The kids picked out their wands and off we went to begin the game. This is a scavenger hunt - harry potter style. Finally it was time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment